Users usually find it tough to import OST file into outlook 2016, 2013, or 2010. This is because importing OST files into any version of MS Outlook is practically not possible until you configure it manually. Due to this reason, the users need to convert it into PST format. After the conversion, it becomes easy to access it in Outlook. But the truth is executing this conversion is also not simple.
In the other part of this article, you will get to know some manual tricks to import OST files into Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2007.
Why a PST File can be imported to Outlook but not an OST File?
As we know, Microsoft Outlook develops two files PST and OST that helps in storing data. Here OST stands for Offline Storage Data that helps in saving the Exchange server database. When the synchronization of the Exchange server with Outlook happens, OST is generated and serves as a local copy on the mail server and a backup is not required. On the other hand, PST is a default format for Outlook data storage.
Therefore, importing the PST file into Outlook is easy but importing OST is next to impossible. This is the core reason why an OST file is first migrated into PST to import it into Outlook.
Now let us look at the manual method to import OST file to Outlook 2016, 2013, and 2010 –
Importing OST into outlook manually includes the following methods –
- Importing OST into Outlook Manually with Export Feature
- Importing OST into Outlook for free with Archive Feature
- Importing OST into Outlook by generating Fress PST
Trick 1 – Using Export Feature of Microsoft Outlook
- Start Outlook
- Click on ‘File’, then on ‘Export to a file’ , and lastly on ‘Next’
- Select the ‘Personal File Folder (.pst)’, and then click ‘Next’
- After that, ‘pick the folder’ that you want to export and blot on ‘include subfolders’
- ‘Browse’ to the location to save the exported data and then click ‘Finish’
Cons – The instructions mentioned above are only work in case you are connected to MS Exchange.
Trick 2 – Using Archive Feature of Microsoft Outlook
- To start the process, open MS Outlook
- Now, click the ‘File’ and then hit on ‘Archive’
- A window will appear in front of you, select the ‘File’ or ‘Folder’ to archive it
- Now, ‘Browse’ to the location where you want to save the archived PST file
- Lastly, when you click on ‘OK, the archiving process will start
Cons – With this trick, you will not be able to transfer the data of OST file. This method does not convert contacts.
Trick 3 – Exporting MS Outlook Database to a Fresh PST
- Begin with launching ‘Microsoft Outlook’
- Now, ‘generate a new Outlook Data File (.pst) in Microsoft Outlook
- Then finally, ‘drag complete mailbox folder’ that you want to export
Cons – With this trick also, it is impossible to drag sent items, inbox, calendars, contacts, etc. into PST. Every method comes with its own limitations; therefore, it is not correct in saying that manual solutions are not consistent for importing the OST file into Outlook 2016, 2013, and 2010. This is why ultimately you will need third-party software. This is not the point of worry as there are a number of tools available in the online market today for this purpose. The important part of all is to pick up the most appropriate product.
SYS Tools Software to Import OST File into Outlook 2016
This software was designed for the sole purpose to import OST file to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and 2003. It executes the transfer process in bulk and brings forward various interesting features to make this task more suitable. It makes it possible to transfer the corrupted or damaged OST files. And the best part is that the integrity of the data remains intact. There will be no data loss and any user can undergo the conversion process using this SYS Tools OST to PST Converter. You will see an extremely easy interface in this tool and is compatible with all versions of the Windows operating system. The most required features are:-
- Importing OST file into MS Outlook with no user account
- Capability to import entire data from Outlook OST file at once
- Encrypted OST file importing into MS Outlook
- It also supports importing corrupt OST file in Microsoft Outlook
- Importing OST file in MS Outlook with no exchange server
Steps Involved in Importing OST File to MS Outlook Using the Software
After understanding all the benefits of using the software, let us now look at the steps to import .ost data file into MS Outlook:-
- Firstly, ‘download’ the software, and ‘install’ it on your system
- Now, ‘browse’ OST file using software panel
- Then. ‘preview’ complete data from the OST file using all attributes
- ‘Choose’ PST as the output file type, and hit on the ‘Export’ button
- Lastly, ‘import’ the output file generated from OST in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, etc.
Software User Interface
The software is compatible to import ost file into Outlook 2016 and the other versions of Outlook. The trial software allows you to see what emails are found in your OST file. If everything in the file looks good after the scan, then it is recommended to buy the software to complete the process of importing the ost file.
Every computer expert recommends protecting any kind of document with a password. The real problem arises when we forgot excel password and are unable to open the sheet when required urgently.
Stellar mailbox extractor for exchange BKF recovery works by extracting mailboxes from damaged or corrupt exchange files. This tool is designed to help you restore all necessary mailbox items which include emails, calendar entries, contacts, notes, journals, sent items, etc.
In this article, we will be discussing how to delete OST file and recreate the OST file using Microsoft Exchange Server. Also, what to do if getting an OST file error.
Atomic Email Hunter is a powerful email extractor tool that extracts email addresses along with the usernames from web pages. You just need to add website addresses to the software, and you will be harvested with thousands of relevant email addresses within just a few minutes.
Found our analysis helpful?
Did this article help you identify how to import OST file? If so (else not!), leave a comment below.
Do you know anyone who can take advantage of this review? To send them this page, click the share buttons on the sidebar.
You will benefit them by spreading the word about our website and helping us out!
We take great care to ensure the quality and accuracy of the information we post. Nevertheless, Extreme Subject does not take any responsibility for any inaccuracies in the information provided by study participants or other experts.
Please note that the insight in this article is for general information purposes only. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about this article and its work that supports it. Contact us directly here for more information.